You can select an existing trustpoint object created for PKCS12 format and install it on the ASA device. You can also create a new trustpoint object from the installation wizard and install the certificate on the ASA device.
Before you begin
- Read the guidelines for certificate installation.
- ASA must be “Synced” state and “Online”.
- In the navigation menu, click Devices & Services.
- To install an identity certificate on a single ASA device, do the following:
- Select an ASA device and in the Management pane on the right, click Trustpoints.
- Click Install.
Note: You can also install a certificate on multiple ASA devices. Select multiple ASA devices and in the Devices Action on the right, click Install Certificate.
- From Select Trustpoint Certificate to Install, click one of the following:
- Create to add a new trustpoint object. For more information, see Adding an Identity Certificate Object Using PKCS12.
- Choose to select Certificate Enrollment Object of the PKCS type.
- Click Send.
This installs the certificate on the ASA device.
Note: If you are importing a PKCS12 certificate that has intermediate CAs installed on it, ASA automatically creates and installs trustpoint objects on the device for every intermediate CA certificate that is not installed already. When you click on the identity certificate, you'll see a message on the right pane, as shown in the following example.