You can select an existing trustpoint object created for a self-signed certificate and install it on the ASA device. You can also create a new trustpoint object from the installation wizard and install the certificate on the ASA device.
Before you begin
- Read the guidelines for certificate installation.
- ASA must be “Synced” state and “Online”.
- In the navigation menu, click Devices & Services.
- To install an identity certificate on a single ASA device, do the following:
- Select an ASA device and in the Management pane on the right, click Trustpoints.
- Click Install.
Note: You can also install a certificate on multiple ASA devices. Select multiple ASA devices and in the Devices Action on the right, click Install Certificate.
- From Select Trustpoint Certificate to Install, click one of the following:
- Create to add a new trustpoint object. For more information, see Creating a Self-Signed Identity Certificate Object.
- Choose to select a Certificate Enrollment Object of the type Self-Signed.
For self signed enrollment type trustpoints, the Issuer Common Name status will always be the ASA device since the managed device is acting as its own CA and does not need a CA certificate to generate its own Identity Certificate.