Secure Event Connector Registration Failure
Symptom: Registration of Cisco Secure Event Connector to cloud eventing service fails.
Diagnosis: These are the most common reasons that the SEC fails to register to the eventing cloud service.
- The SEC is unable to reach the Eventing cloud service from SEC
Repair: Ensure that Internet is accessible on port 443 and DNS is configured correctly.
- Registration failure due to invalid or expired one-time-password in SEC bootstrapdata
- Log on to the SDC as the 'sdc' user.
- View the connector log: ( /usr/local/cdo/data/<tenantDir>/event_streamer/logs/connector.log ) to check registration state.
If registration has failed due to invalid token, you'll see the error message in the log file something similar to the one below.
context:(*contextImpl).handleFailed] registration - CE2001: Registration failed - Failed to register the device because of invalid token. Retry with a new valid token. - Failed"
- Run the SEC cleanup command step on SDC VM to remove the SEC from Secure Connectors page.
- Generate new SEC bootstrap data and retry the SEC on-boarding steps.