Before you Begin
Review these requirements and best practices before you backup up an FTD.
- In the main navigation bar on the left, click Devices & Services.
- Select the device you want to schedule a backup for.
- In the Device Actions pane on the right, click Manage Backups.
- In the Device Backups page, click Set Recurring Backup or click the schedule in the Recurring Backup field. CDO presents the default backup schedule for all FTD devices on your tenant. See Configure a Default Recurring Backup Schedule for all FTDs for more information.
- Select the time of day, in 24-hour time, you want the backup to occur. Note that you schedule the time in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) time.
- In the Frequency field, select daily, weekly, or monthly backup.
- Daily backups: Give the scheduled backup a name and a description.
- Weekly backups: Check the days of the week on which you want the backup to occur. Give the scheduled backup time a name and a description.
- Monthly backups: Click in the Days of Month field and add whichever days of the month you want to the schedule the backup. Note: If you enter day 31 but a month doesn't have 31 days in it, the backup will not take place. Give the scheduled backup time a name and a description.
- Click Save. Notice that on the Device Backup page, the Recurring Backup field is replaced by the backup schedule you set and reflects your local time.