This procedure describes how to create a schedule for regular backups of an FTD device.
Before you Begin
Review these requirements and best practices before you backup up an FTD.
- In the main navigation bar on the left, click Devices & Services.
- Select the device you want to schedule a backup for.
- In the Actions pane on the right, click Manage Backups.
- In the Device Backups page, click Set Recurring Backup. CDO presents the default backup schedule for all FTD devices on your tenant.
- Select the time of day, in 24-hour time, you want the backup to occur. Note that you schedule the time in Universal Time Coordinated (UTC) time.
- In the Frequency field, select daily, weekly, or monthly backup.
Whenever you give the backup task a name, follow these syntax rules: Names can start with an alphanumeric character and the body can contain the following symbols: _ + - and alphanumeric characters.
- Daily backups: Give the scheduled backup a name and a description.
- Weekly backups: Check the days of the week on which you want the backup to occur. Give the scheduled backup time a name and a description.
- Monthly backups: Click in the Days of Month field and add whichever days of the month you want to the schedule the backup. Note: If you enter day 31 but a month doesn't have 31 days in it, the backup will not take place. Give the scheduled backup time a name and a description.
- Click Save. Notice that on the Device Backup page, the Set Recurring Backup page is replaced by any existing backup schedule you have set and reflects your local time.
- Backing Up FTDs
- Back up an FTD On-Demand
- Download an FTD Backup
- Edit or Delete an FTD Backup
- Restore a Backup to an FTD Device