This procedure describes how to download a .tar file containing a backup of a Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) device.
- In the main navigation bar on the left, click Devices & Services.
- Select the device whose backup you want to download.
- In the Actions pane on the right, click Manage Backups.
- Select the backup you want to download and, in its row, click the Generate Download Link button . The button changes to read, "Download Backup Image."
- The button now reads Download Backup Image. Do one of these things:
- If you are on a device that can also reach the Firepower Device Manager (FDM) of the device you want to restore, click the Download Backup Image button and save the downloaded file. Save it with a name that you will remember.
- If you are not on a device that can also reach the FDM of the device you want to restore:
- Right-click the Download Backup Image button and copy the link address.
Important: The link address expires 15 minutes after you click the Generate Download Link button.
- Open a browser on a device that will also reach the FDM of the FTD you want to restore the image to.
- Enter the download link into the browser address bar and download the backup file to that device. Save it with a name that you will remember.
- Backing Up FTDs
- Back up an FTD On-Demand
- Create a Backup Schedule for an FTD
- Edit or Delete an FTD Backup
- Restore a Backup to an FTD Device