Use this procedure to configure a domain name server (DNS) on each of your ASAs.
- The ASA must be able to reach the internet.
- Before you begin, gather this information:
- The name of the ASA interface that can reach the DNS server; for example, inside, outside, or dmz.
- The IP address of the DNS server your organization uses. If you don't maintain your own DNS server, you can use Cisco Umbrella. The IP address for Cisco Umbrella is 22.214.171.124.
- On the Devices & Services page, select all the ASAs on which you want to configure DNS.
- Click Command Line Interface .
- Click the CLI macro favorites star .
- Click the Configure DNS macro in the Macros panel.
- Click >_View Parameters and in the parameters column, fill in the values for these parameters:
- IF_Name - The name of the ASA interface that can reach the DNS server.
- IP_ADDR - The IP address of the DNS server your organization uses.
- Click Send to devices.