About Updating Connection Credentials
When you onboard a device, you specify a username and password for that device. Cisco Defense Orchestrator connects to the device using those credentials and acts as that user when sending commands to the device. If users or passwords change on the device, you can update the device credentials to reflect those changes.
Use this process to change the username or password that Defense Orchestrator uses to connect to a device. This process does not create a new user on the device or change a password on the device.
- Open the Devices & Services page.
- Select the device whose connection credentials you want to change.
- Click Reconnect in the details pane .
- Next to the Credentials check, click the Update link.
- Enter the new username and password information for your connection credentials and click Continue. CDO attempts to reconnect the device with the new credentials you just entered.