About Updating ASA Connection Credentials
In the process of onboarding an ASA, you entered the username and password CDO must use to connect to the ASA. This feature allows you to change those credentials without having to re-onboard the device. The username and password combination you switch to must already exist on the ASA or Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) server for that user. This process only affects the Defense Orchestrator database; no changes to the ASA configuration are made when using the Update Credentials feature.
Update ASA Connection Credentials
- Update the ASAs or your AAA server with the username and password combination you want to switch to.
- Click Devices & Services.
- Filter and search for the ASA(s) whose connection credentials you want to update, and select it. You can update the credentials on one or multiple ASAs at once.
- In the Device Actions pane, click Update Credentials .
- Enter the new username and password you want to use to connect to the ASA(s).
- After the credentials are changed, Defense Orchestrator syncs the device.
Note: If CDO fails to sync the device, the connectivity status in CDO may show "Invalid Credentials." If that's the case, you may have tried to use an invalid username and password combination. Make sure the credentials you want to use are stored on your ASA or AAA server, and try again.