Before you Begin
An interface has the following limitations when adding a security zone:
- The interface must have a name.
- The interface cannot be management-only. This option is enabled and disabled from the Advanced tab of the interface.
- You cannot assign a security zone to a bridge group interface.
- You cannot assign a security zone to an interface configured for switchport mode.
Assign a Firepower Interface to a Security Zone
Use the following procedure to associate a security zone to an existing interface:
- Log into CDO.
- In the navigation pane, click Devices & Services.
- Select the FTD you want to modify. In the Management Pane located to the right, click Interfaces.
- Select the interface you want to add a security zone to and click Edit.
- Use the Security Zone drop-down menu and select the security zone you want associated with this interface.
Note: If need to, ceate a new security zone from this drop-down menu by clicking Create New.
- Click Save.
- Deploy Configuration Changes from CDO to FTD.