Before you Begin
- You have reviewed Cisco Security Analytics and Logging (ASA) to learn about:
- How events are sent to the Cisco cloud
- Applications in the solution
- Licenses you need
- Data plan you need
- You have contacted your managed service provider or CDO Sales representative and you have a CDO tenant.
- Makes sure your tenant uses an on-premises Secure Device Connector (SDC). You can use one of these methods for the installation:
- Use Deploy an On-Premises Secure Device Connector Using CDO's VM Image to install an on-premises SDC using CDO's prepared VM image. This is the preferred and easiest way to deploy an on-premises SDC.
- Use Deploy an On-Premises Secure Device Connector on your own VM.
- If you are an existing customer with a cloud SDC, use Switch Between Cloud SDC and On-Premises SDC.
- If you are sending events through an SEC, you install your SEC on the same VM as your on-premises SDC.
- You have established two-factor authentication for users of your account.
Workflow to Implement Cisco Security Analytics and Logging and Sending Events through the Secure Event Connector to the Cisco Cloud
- Be sure to review "Before you Begin" above to make sure your environment is properly configured.
- Onboard an ASA Device using username and password.
- Send ASA Syslog Events to the Cisco Cloud.
- Configuring NSEL for ASA Devices Using a CDO Macro
- Confirm events are visible in CDO. From the navigation bar, select Monitoring > Event Logging. Click the Live tab to view live events.
- If you have a Firewall Analytics and Monitoring or Total Network Analytics and Monitoring license, continue with Analyzing Events in Stealthwatch Cloud.
Analyzing Events in Stealthwatch Cloud
If you have a Firewall Analytics and Monitoring or Total Network Analytics and Monitoring license, perform the following in addition to the previous steps:
- Request a Stealthwatch Cloud Portal.
- Deploy one or more SWC sensors to your internal network if you purchased a Total Network Analytics and Monitoring license. See Stealthwatch Cloud Sensor Deployment for Total Network Analytics and Reporting.
- Invite users to create SWC user accounts, tied to their Cisco Single Sign-On credentials. See Monitoring Stealthwatch Cloud Alerts Generated from Firepower Threat Defense Events.
- Cross-launch from CDO to SWC to monitor the SWC alerts generated from FTD events. See Monitoring Stealthwatch Cloud Alerts Generated from Firepower Threat Defense Events.
Reviewing Stealthwatch Cloud Alerts by Cross-launching from CDO
With a Firewall Analytics and Monitoring or Total Network Analytics and Monitoring license, you can cross-launch from CDO to SWC to review the alerts generated by Stealthwatch Cloud, based on FTD events.
Review these articles for more information:
- Signing in to CDO
- Monitoring Stealthwatch Cloud Alerts Generated from Firepower Threat Defense Events
- Stealthwatch Cloud and Dynamic Entity Modeling
- Working with Alerts Based on Firepower Threat Defense Events
Troubleshooting Secure Event Connector Issues
Use these troubleshooting topics to gather status and logging information about
Troubleshooting Using Security and Analytics Logging Events describes using the events generated from Cisco Security Analytics and Logging to determine why a user can't access a network resource.