SECs can be installed on a tenant with a cloud or on-premises SDC. If you have an on-premises Secure Device Connector, your first SEC is installed on the same VM as that SDC. If you have a cloud SDC, your first SEC is installed on an on-premises VM that you maintain in your own private cloud. In either the cloud SDC case or the on-premises SDC case, your second, third, or subsequent SEC is installed on a VM that you maintain in your own private cloud.
There are slight differences between how the SECs are installed. The workflows differ depending on whether the SEC is the first one installed or the second, third or subsequent one installed. The method of installation is also slightly different if the SEC is installed on a tenant with a cloud SDC or an on-premises SDC. Each of these installation methods is discussed further.
See these installation topics:
- Install the Secure Event Connector on an On-Premises SDC Virtual Machine
- Installing Multiple SECs, Using CDO Images, on Tenants with On-Premises SDCs
- Install Multiple SECs Using Your VM Image
- Installing SECs, Using CDO Images, on Tenants with Cloud SDCs
- Installing SECs, Using Your VM Image, on Tenants with Cloud SDCs