About Compare Objects
CDO helps you compare object contents and each object’s relationship to the devices and policies they impact. When comparing object groups, CDO compares a consolidated list of all the objects values in one group to a consolidated list of all the object values in the other groups. When a value is the same across the compared objects, CDO labels it a Shared Value. When a value is different across the compared objects, CDO labels it an Inconsistent Value.
Note: The Inconsistent Value label is used in the context of the values of the objects being compared. It is not the same as an inconsistent object that CDO identified across devices.
- Open the Objects page.
- Filter the objects on the page to find the objects you want to compare.
- Click the Compare button .
- Select up to three objects to compare.
- View the objects, side-by-side, at the bottom of the screen.
- (Optional) If the object is associated with a device, you can click the device name and then click View Configuration to see the configuration of the device.
- When comparing duplicate objects, look at the device relationships of the object that will be affected. Find objects with the different names, on the same device, with the same values. Consider the policies that could be affected by a merge.
- When comparing inconsistent objects, find objects that have the same names but different values and are used in different relationships. Consider renaming objects used for different purposes.