Duplicate objects are two or more objects on the same device with different names but the same values. These objects are usually created accidentally, serve similar purposes, and are used by different policies. After resolving duplicate object issues, CDO updates all affected object references with the retained object name.
To resolve duplicate object issues:
- Open the Objects page and filter the objects to find duplicate object issues.
- Select one of the results. In the objects details panel, you will see the DUPLICATE field with the number of duplicates affected:
- Click Resolve. CDO displays the duplicate objects for you to compare.
- You now have these options:
- Choose the object you want to keep and click, Pick as Replacement, click Resolve, and then click Confirm if you are satisfied with the changes. CDO keeps the object you kept as the replacement and deletes the duplicate.
- If you have an object in the list that you want to ignore, click the down arrow next to Pick As Replacement and select Ignore. If you ignore an object, it will be removed from the list of duplicate objects.
- Click Ignore All if you want to keep the object but do not want CDO to find it in a search for duplicate objects.
- Once the duplicate object issue has been resolved go back to the Devices & Services page and find the devices that were affected by the change. For each affected device, select it and click "Write Changes Manually..." to save the changes you just made.