About Security Zone Objects
A security zone is a grouping of interfaces. Zones divide the network into segments to help you manage and classify traffic. You can define multiple zones, but a given interface can be in one zone only. For more information see, Security Zone Object.
A security zone object is not associated with a device unless it is used in a rule for that device.
Create a Security Zone Object
To create a security zone object, follow these instructions:
- In the Defense Orchestrator interface, select Objects in the navigation pane.
- Click the blue plus button and select FTD > Security Zone to create the object.
- Give the object a name and, optionally, a description.
- Select the interfaces to put in the security zone.
- Click Add.
Edit a Security Zone Object
After onboarding an FTD, you will find there are already at least two security zones, one is the inside_zone and the other is the outside_zone. These zones can be edited or deleted. To edit any security zone object, follow these instructions:
- Find the object you want to edit:
- If you know the name of the object, you can search for it in the Objects page:
- Filter the list by security zone.
- Enter the name of the object in the search field.
- Select the object.
- If you know the object is associated with a device, you can search for it starting on the Devices & Services page.
- Open the Devices & Services page.
- Use the device filter and search bar to locate your device.
- Select the device.
- In the Management pane at the right, click Objects.
- Use the object filter and search bar to locate the object you are looking for.
Note: If the security zone object you created is not associated with a rule in a policy for your device, it is considered "unassociated" and you will not see it among the search results for a device.
- Select the object.
- Click the Edit icon in the Actions pane at the right.
- After editing any of the attributes of the object. Click Save.
- After clicking Save you receive a message explaining how these changes will affect other devices. Click Confirm to save the changes or Cancel.