A "live" ASA device is an ASA firewall running on a physical appliance or as a virtual machine. Live devices are different than ASA models. ASA models are a copy of the running configuration of an ASA. Onboading models is useful when you want to analyze the running configuration of an ASA without onboarding it.
- Navigate to the Devices & Services page.
- Click Onboard.
- Click Add an ASA device.
- Give the device a name.
- Enter the location (IP address or URL) of the device or service. The default port is 443.
Note: Download and review the TLS certificate before proceeding. When accepted, it will be trusted by the SDC.
- Once the location of the device or service is verified, you're prompted to enter the credentials to the device.
- Once the credentials are verified, you're prompted to label the device or service. See Labels and Label Groups for more information.
- After labeling your device or service, you can view it in the Devices & Services list.
Note: Depending on the size of the configuration and the number of other devices or services, it may take some time for the configuration to be analyzed.