About Onboard ASAs in Bulk
Cisco Defense Orchestrator (CDO) allows you to onboard multiple ASAs simultaneously. The ASAs can be physical or virtual. As the ASAs are being onboarded, you can use the filter pane to show which onboarding attempts are queued, loading, complete, or have failed.
Do not navigate away from the ASA Bulk Onboarding page until the onboarding process is complete. Navigating away stops the onboarding process.
Prepare a .csv file with the connection information of the ASAs you want to onboard. Add the information about one ASA on its own line:
- ASA location (either IP address or FQDN)
- ASA administrator username
- ASA administrator password
- (Optional) Device name for CDO
You can use a # at the beginning of a line to indicate a comment.
Sample of the configuration file:
#Location,Username,Password,DeviceName 192.0.2.2,admin,Cd0R0ck$123!!,ASA1 198.51.100.2,admin,Pwd1!!,ASA2 ASA3.example.com,admin,Buym0reCDO!! asav4.virtual.io,admin,Pwd1!!,ASAv-4
Caution: We do not validate any of the data in the .csv file. You need to ensure the accuracy of the entries.
Onboard ASAs in Bulk
To onboard ASAs in bulk, follow this procedure:
- Open the Devices & Services page.
- Click Onboard .
- Click Add multiple ASA devices.
- Click Browse.
- Locate the .csv file and click Open. The devices you specified are now queued in the ASA Bulk Onboarding table ready to be onboarded.
Caution: Do not navigate away from the ASA Bulk Onboarding page until the onboarding process is complete. Navigating away stops the onboarding process.
- Click Start. You will see the progress of the onboarding process in the status column of the ASA Bulk Onboarding table.