This procedure describes how to onboard a Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) device using a registration key.
- Your device is managed by Firepower Device Manager not Firepower Management Center.
- You do not yet have a Cisco Smart Software Manager account or your device is not yet Smart Licensed.
- Your devices have a route out to your SDC.
- Your SDC connects to CDO at https://www.defenseorchestrator.com.
To onboard a Firepower Threat Defense Device using a registration key, follow this procedure:
- Sign in to Cisco Defense Orchestrator (CDO).
- On the Devices & Services page, click Onboard.
- Click Add a Firepower Threat Defense Device.
- Give the device a name.
- Check This device is not smart licensed.
- Click Go. CDO generates a registration token.
- Click the Copy icon to copy the Registration Key.
- Log into the Firepower Device Manager (FDM) for the Firepower Threat Defense device you want to manage with CDO.
- Under System Settings click Cloud Services.
- In the Cisco Defense Orchestrator area, expand Get Started.
- In the Registration Key field, paste the registration key that you generated in CDO.
- Click Register and then Accept the Cisco Disclosure. FDM sends the registration request to CDO.
- Click the Task List link to see the progress of the device enrollment.
- When FDM is registered with CDO, the Cloud Services screen shows Cisco Defense Orchestrator as Active.
- Do one of these two things:
- After approximately 60 minutes, log back in to CDO and open the Devices & Services page.
- Open the Devices & Services page in CDO and click the blue plus button to onboad the FTD immediately. Click Discover Smart Licensed Devices and CDO will finish onboarding the device.
- Filter and search for the new device. You should see that the Configuration Status is "Synced" and the Connectivity status is "Online."