This is the simplest method of onboarding a Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) Device. However, the recommended way of onboarding the FTD device to CDO is to use the registration token onboarding approach.
Important: Before you onboard an FTD device to CDO, read Onboard Firepower Threat Defense Devices. It lists the general device requirements and onboarding prerequisites needed to onboard a device.
For this onboarding method, you will also need this information:
- The device's administrator username and password.
- The device's IP address of the interface you are using to manage the device. This may be the MGMT interface, an inside interface, or the outside interface depending on how you have configured your network.
- Don't forget, your FTD must be managed by Firepower Device Manager (FDM) and configured for local management in order for you to onboard it to CDO. It cannot be managed by Firepower Management Center (FMC).
Use this procedure to onboard a Firepower Threat Defense device using only the administrator username and password and the device's Management IP address:
- Navigate to the Devices & Services page.
- Click Onboard.
- Click Add a Firepower Threat Defense device.
- Give the device a name.
- Do not check "This device is not Smart Licensed."
- In the Device Location field, enter the Management interface IP address, hostname, or fully qualified device name of the device. The default port is 443.
- Click Go.
- Once the location of the device is verified, you're prompted to enter the device administrator's username and password.
- Click Connect.
- (Optional) Once the credentials are verified, you're prompted to label the device or service. See Labels and Label Groups for more information.
- After labeling your device, you can view it in the Devices & Services list. You will see that the device will begin syncing its configuration with CDO. The FTD won't be completely onboarded until it shows the status "Synced" in the Devices & Services list.
- Onboard Firepower Threat Defense Devices
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Firepower Licensing
- Onboard a Firepower Threat Defense Device with a Registration Key