CDO provides the ability to export the complete configuration of an FTD device on a CDO tenant to a JSON file format. You can then import this file to another tenant as an FTD model and apply it to a new device on that tenant. The feature is beneficial when you want to use an FTD device's configuration on different tenants that you manage.
Note: If the FTD device contains rulesets, the shared rules associated with the rulesets are modified as local rules when exporting the configuration. Later, when the model is imported to another tenant and applied to an FTD device, you'll see the local rules in the device.
Export FTD Configuration
The export configuration functionality is unavailable if your FTD device has the following configuration:
- High Availability
- Snort 3 enabled
- On the CDO navigation bar, click Devices & Services.
- Select an FTD device and in the Device Actions on the left pane, click Export Configuration.
Import FTD Configuration
- Navigate to the Devices & Services page.
- Click the blue plus () button to import the configuration.
- Click on Import a config file without a device.
- Select the Device Type as FTD.
- Click Browse and select the configuration file (JSON format) to upload.
- Once the configuration is verified, you're prompted to label the device or service. See Labels and Label Groups for more information.
- After labeling your model device, you can view it in the Devices & Services list.
Note: Depending on the size of the configuration and the number of other devices or services, it may take some time for the configuration to be analyzed.