Ensure that the ciphers your Cisco IOS server supports are supported by CDO.
At this time, CDO supports a limited set of ciphers for onboarding Cisco IOS devices. The supported ciphers are:
aes128-ctr, aes192-ctr, aes256-ctr, aes128-gcm, email@example.com, aes256-gcm, firstname.lastname@example.org
To determine the ciphers your server supports, execute
ssh -vv <ip_address> on your on-prem SDC. Now you can successfully onboard you Cisco IOS device.
Use this procedure to onboard a live Cisco device running Cisco IOS (Internetwork Operating System):
- From the CDO Navigation Bar, click Devices & Services.
- Click the blue plus button to begin onboarding the device.
- Click the Integrations tile.
- Click the Secure Device Connector (SDC) button and select the SDC in your network that this device will communicate with. The default SDC is displayed but you can change it by clicking the SDC name.
- Give the device a name.
- From the Integrations menu, select IOS.
- Enter the location (IP address, fully qualified domain name, or hostname) of the device. The default connection port is 22.
- Click Go.
- (Optional) At the Create Integration page, you have an opportunity to download and review the SSH fingerprint.
- Enter the device's administrator name and password.
Note: CDO does not support connections using public key authentication at this time.
- If you have set an enable password on the device, enter that in the EnablePassword field.
- Click Connect.
- (Optional) Enter a label for the device. See Labels and Label Groups for more information.
- Click Continue.
- Onboard another IOS device or click Finish.
- Return to the Devices & Services page. After the device has been successfully onboarded, you will see that the Configuration Status is "Synced" and the Connectivity state is "Online."
- (Optional) If you want you can write a note about the device by typing it in the device's Notes pate. See Device Notes for more information.