At this time, CDO supports a limited set of ciphers for onboarding Cisco IOS devices. The supported ciphers are:
aes128-ctr, aes192-ctr, aes256-ctr, aes128-gcm, email@example.com, aes256-gcm, firstname.lastname@example.org
To determine the ciphers your server supports, execute
ssh -vv <ip_address> on your on-prem SDC. Now you can successfully onboard you Cisco IOS device.
Use this procedure to onboard a live Cisco device running Cisco IOS (Internetwork Operating System):
- From the CDO Navigation Bar, click Devices & Services.
- Click the blue plus button to begin onboarding the device.
- Click Connect to Integrations.
- Give the device a name.
- Enter the location (IP address, fully qualified domain name, or hostname) of the device. The default connection port is 22.
- From the Integrations menu, select IOS.
- Click Go.
- (Optional) At the Create Integration page, you have an opportunity to download and review the SSH fingerprint.
- Enter the device's administrator name and password.
Note: CDO does not support connections using public key authentication at this time.
- If you have set an enable password on the device, enter that in the EnablePassword field.
- Click Connect.
- (Optional) Enter a label for the device. See Labels and Label Groups for more information.
- Click Continue.
- Onboard another IOS device or click Finish.
- Return to the Devices & Services page. After the device has been successfully onboarded, you will see that the Configuration Status is "Synced" and the Connectivity state is "Online."
- (Optional) If you want you can write a note about the device by typing it in the device's Notes pate. See Device Notes for more information.