You can onboard a Firepower Management Center (FMC) to CDO. Onboarding an FMC also onboards all of the devices registered to the FMC.
Be aware that if a managed device is disabled, or unreachable, CDO may display the device in the Device & Services page, but cannot successfully send requests or view device information.
Note: CDO does not support creating or modifying objects or policies associated with the FMC or the devices registered to the FMC. You must make these changes in the FMC.
Warning: We recommend creating a new user on the FMC specifically for CDO communication that has administrator-level permissions. If you onboard an FMC and then simultaneously log into that FMC with the same login credentials, onboarding fails.
If you create a new user on the FMC for CDO communication, the Maximum Number of Failed Logins for the user configuration must be set to "0".
You cannot onboard the following FMC environments:
- You must onboard an FMC with administrator login credentials.
- You cannot bulk onboard FMCs. You must onboard this platform one at a time.
- Devices registered to the FMC must be standalone. CDO does not support clustered devices or high availability (HA) pairs.
- FMCs running Firepower 6.6 do not support the reconnect feature. We recommend removing the FMC and re-onboarding the appliance.
To onboard an FMC to CDO, follow this procedure:
- From the CDO Navigation Bar, click Devices & Services.
- Click the blue plus button to begin onboarding the device.
- Click Firepower Management Center (FMC).
- Select the Secure Device Connector (SDC) that this device will communicate with. The default SDC is displayed but you can change it by clicking the SDC name.
- Enter the device name and location. Click Next.
- Enter the Username and Password of the account credentials you want to use to access the FMC. Click Next.
- The device is onboarded. From here you can opt to add labels to your FMC, or click Go to Devices & Services to view the page of onboarded devices. If healthy, the FMC is displayed with a Synced status.
Note: Note that the devices managed by the FMC are automatically named as "<fmcname>_<manageddevicename>."