You’re allowed to create rulesets by selecting existing rules in the Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) device.
Use the following procedure to create a ruleset from existing device rules:
- In the navigation pane, click Devices & Services.
- Select the FTD device that you want from the list.
- In the Management pane on the right, click Policy. The existing rules of the device appear.
- Perform the following based on your requirement:
- To create Top rules, select consecutive rules starting from the first rule at the top.
- To create Bottom rules, select consecutive rules that include the last rule at the bottom.
- In the Actions pane on the right, click Create Ruleset.
Note: Your selection must include the first or last rule for the Create Ruleset link to be clickable.
- Specify a name in the Ruleset Name field and click Create.
The corresponding ruleset is created in the device.
You can continue creating ruleset using the remaining rules in the device.