To confirm the size of your running configuration file, follow this procedure:
- Access the ASA's command line interface in one of these ways:
- Open a terminal window and log into your ASA using SSH. Elevate your privilege to "privileged EXEC" mode so you see the prompt with hostname#.
- If you managed to get your ASA onboarded, open the Devices & Service page, select the device you want to connect to, and click >_ Command Line Interface button in the Device Actions pane. See Using the Command Line Interface for more detailed information.
- At the prompt type copy running-config flash
- When prompted for the Source filename, don't type anything and press <Enter>
- When prompted for the destination filename, enter a name for the output file. After ASA copies the running configuration the file you specified, it returns you to the privileged EXEC prompt.
- At the prompt, type show flash
- Look in the length column. If your file is over 4718592 bytes, it is larger than 4.5 MB.
Here is a sample set of commands and output:
asa1# copy running-config flash
Source filename [running-config]?
Destination filename [running-config]? running-config-output
Cryptochecksum: 725f4c1c 4adfb8a9 8b3e7a6d 49e3420d
23648 bytes copied in 1.380 secs (23648 bytes/sec)
asa1# show flash
--#-- --length-- -----date/time------ path
107 110325428 Feb 28 2019 15:41:42 asdm-8826067.bin
122 5018592 Apr 30 2019 21:00:59 running-config-output
111 102647808 Mar 12 2019 14:26:10 asa9-12-1-smp-k8.bin