If the device connectivity status shows "Insufficient License", do the following:
- Wait for some time until the device attains the license. Typically it takes some time for Cisco Smart Software Manager to apply a new license to the device.
- If the device status doesn’t change, refresh the CDO portal by signing out from CDO and signing back to resolve any network communication problems between license server and device.
- If the portal refresh doesn’t change the device status, perform the following:
- Generate a new new registration key from Cisco Smart Software Manager and copy it. You can watch the Generate Smart Licensing video for more information.
- In the CDO navigation bar, click the Devices & Services page.
- Select the device with the Insufficient License state.
- In the Device Details pane, click Manage Licenses appearing in Insufficient Licenses.
The Manage Licenses window appears.
- In the Activate field, paste the new registration key and click Register Device.
Once the new registration key is applied successfully to the device, its connectivity state turns to Online.