Follow this procedure to upgrade the ASA and ASDM images on a single ASA.
- Review ASA and ASDM Upgrade Prerequisites for upgrade requirements and important information about upgrading ASA and ASDM images.
- Click Devices & Services.
- (Optional) Create a change request label to identify the device upgraded by this action in the change log.
- Select the device you want to upgrade.
- In the Devices & Services sidebar that appears on the right, click the Upgrade button.
- On the Device Upgrade page, follow the instructions presented to you by the wizard.
Note: When upgrading your ASAs and ASDMs to images stored in your own repository, select Specify Image URL and enter the URL of the ASA or ASDM image in the Software Image URL field. You can retrieve the images from your repository using any of these protocols: FTP, TFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, SCP, and SMB. See Custom URL Upgrade for URL syntax information.
- (For multi-context mode) After the admin context and the security contexts boot, you may see that the security contexts display the message, "New certificate detected." If you see that message, accept the certificate for all security contexts. Accept any other changes caused by the upgrade.
Want to see a demo? Watch a screencast of this procedure!
- If you select an image to upgrade to, and you change your mind, check the Skip Upgrade checkbox associated with the software image. The image will not be copied to the device, nor will the device be upgraded with the image.
- In the Perform Upgrade step, if you choose only to copy the images to the ASA, you can return to the Device Upgrade page later and click "Upgrade Now" to perform the upgrade. After the copying task is complete, you will see the message "Ready to Upgrade" for that device on the Devices & Services page.
- You cannot take action on a device during the process of copying the image, installing it, and rebooting the device. Devices that are installing the image and then rebooting are shown as "Upgrading" in the Devices & Services page.
- You cannot take action on a device during the upgrade process; that is, installing the image and rebooting the device.
- You can take action on a device if you choose only to copy the images to the device. Devices that are copying images are shown as "Copying Images" in the Devices & Services page.