Remote access VPNs provide secure connections for remote users, such as mobile users or telecommuters. Monitoring these connections provides important indicators of connection and user session at a glance. CDO Remote Access VPN monitoring capabilities enable you to determine quickly whether remote access VPN problems exist and where they exist. You can then apply this knowledge and use your network management tools to reduce or eliminate problems for your network and users. You can also logout remote access VPN users as needed.
The Remote Access Virtual Private Monitoring page provides two views - Live and Historical. You can select the required view for monitoring the real-time or historical data from AnyConnect Remote Access VPN sessions across all Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA), Cisco Secure Firewall Cloud Native (SFCN), and Firepower Threat Defense (FTD) VPN head-ends in your tenant.
The Remote Access Virtual Private Monitoring page provides the following information from each RA VPN session:
- Provides live and historical data from the RA VPN sessions.
- Shows intuitive graphical visuals to provide at-a-glance views from all active VPN head-ends managed by CDO.
- The live session screen shows the most used operating system and VPN connection profile in the CDO tenant. It also shows the average session duration and data uploaded and downloaded.
- The historical session screen plots a bar graph to show data recorded for all devices in the last 24 hours, 7 days, and 30 days.
- Provides new filtering capabilities to narrow down your search based on criteria such as device type, session length, and upload and download data range.
- The user name, login time, duration, and the amount of time the session has been inactive.
- The assigned IP address within the enterprise network and the public IP address with which the session was initiated.
- The connection profile and group policy information associated with a session.
- The AnyConnect version and operating system type used in a user session.
- The idle time remaining before the session timeout.
- View Live AnyConnect Remote Access VPN Sessions
- View Historical AnyConnect Remote Access VPN Sessions
- Search and Filter Remote Access VPN Sessions
- Customize the Remote Access VPN Monitoring View
- Export Remote Access VPN Sessions to a CSV File
- Terminate Active Remote Access VPN Sessions on ASA
- Terminate Active Remote Access VPN Sessions on FTD