On the Remote Access VPN Monitoring page, you can view real-time data from active AnyConnect RA VPN sessions. CDO refreshes the data every 15 minutes but you can click the reload icon to refresh the data right away.
- The RA VPN head-ends are onboarded on CDO.
- The connectivity status of the devices whose live data you want to monitor is “Online” on the Devices & Services page.
- In the CDO navigation pane, click VPN > Remote Access VPN Monitoring.
Alternatively, you can click View Active Remote Access VPN Sessions on the CDO home page or navigate to VPN > Remote Access VPN and click the icon in the top-right corner.
- Click Live.
CDO starts retrieving the live RA VPN information from the devices and shows the data on the Remote Access VPN Monitoring page.
Note: If you want to stop CDO from retrieving the information from the devices, you can click Cancel.
This data is presented both in the dashboard and tabular form.
- The dashboard provides at-a-glance views from all active VPN head-ends managed by CDO.
- Breakdown (All Devices): Shows a total number of live sessions. It also shows a pie chart that is divided into four arc lengths. It illustrates the percentage of VPN sessions of the top three devices with the highest number of sessions. The remaining arc length represents the aggregate of other devices.
- Shows most used operating system and connection profile in the CDO tenant.
- Shows average session duration and data uploaded and downloaded.
- The tabular form provides a complete list of VPN users connected presently.
Attention: CDO applies a standard filter to the live data and represents them on the dashboard. When you apply new filters, only tabular data is shown, since the dashboard is not supported for custom filters. Clearing the newly applied filters relaunches the dashboard (On the screen, click Clear to remove manually applied filters). You cannot remove the standard filter.
You can use Search and Filter functionalities to narrow down your search based on criteria such as device type, session length, and upload and download data range. Note that a maximum of 10,000 results can be displayed at once.
A green dot with an Active label in the status column indicates an active VPN user's session.