You can view the historical data from AnyConnect Remote Access VPN sessions recorded over the last three months.
- The RA VPN head-ends are onboarded on CDO.
- The connectivity status of the devices whose historical data you want to monitor is “Online” on the Devices & Services page.
- In the CDO navigation pane, click VPN > Remote Access VPN Monitoring.
Alternatively, you can click View Active Remote Access VPN Sessions on the CDO home page or navigate to VPN > Remote Access VPN and click the icon in the top-right corner.
- Click Historical.
CDO displays the historical data from the RA VPN sessions recorded over the last three months. Note: If you want to stop CDO from retrieving the information from the devices, you can click the Cancel.
This data is presented both in the dashboard and tabular form.
- The dashboard provides a bar graph showing the VPN sessions recorded for all devices in the last 24 hours, 7 days, and 30 days. You can select the duration from the drop-down. You can hover over on individual bars to see the date and total sessions.
- The tabular form provides a complete list of VPN users connected over the last three months.
Attention: CDO applies a standard filter to the historical data and represents them on the dashboard. When you apply new filters, only tabular data is shown, since the dashboard is not supported for custom filters. Clearing the newly applied filters relaunches the dashboard (On the screen, click Clear to remove manually applied filters). You cannot remove the standard filter.
You can use Search and Filter functionalities to narrow down your search based on criteria such as session date and time range, session length, and upload and download data range. Note that a maximum of 10,000 results can be displayed at once.