Use the check connectivity status button to trigger a real-time connectivity check against the tunnel to identify whether the tunnel is currently active or idle. Unless you click the on-demand connectivity check button, a check across all tunnels, available across all onboarded devices, occurs once an hour.
CDO runs this connectivity check command on the ASA or FTD to determine if a tunnel is active or idle:
show vpn-sessiondb l2l sort ipaddress
Note: Model ASA device(s) tunnels will always show as idle.
To check tunnel connectivity from the VPN page:
- Click the VPN tab to open the VPN page.
- Search and filter for your site-to-site VPN peer and select it.
- In the Actions pane at the right, click Check Connectivity.
You can also check tunnel connectivity in the Tunnel Details table:
- Click View Peers in the Peers pane on the right.
- Double-click the other end of the VPN tunnel.
- Click the Tunnel Details tab.
- Click the Check Connectivity button for the tunnel