When creating a user, a Super Admin can select "API Only User" to create a virtual user type and generate API token for authenticating to CDO when making CDO REST API calls. CDO prompts you to provide a user name instead of an email address, which ensures that your permissions continue to function even after the original Super Admin departs your organization. The API Only User can't log into the CDO interface.
- Login to CDO.
- From the user menu, click Settings.
- Click User Management.
- Click the blue plus button to add a new user to your tenant.
- Select the API Only User checkbox.
- In the Username field, enter a name for the user and click OK.
Important: the user name can't be an email address or contain the '@' character as the '@yourtenant' suffix will be automatically appended to the user name.
- Select the user's role from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK.
- Click the User Management tab.
- In the Token column for the new API Only user, click Generate API Token to obtain an API token.