You will need to have the role of Super Admin to perform this task. If the Super Admin changes the role of a CDO user that is logged in, once their role has been changed, the user is automatically logged out of their session. Once the user logs back in, they assume their new role.
Note: You will need to have the role of Super Admin on CDO to perform this task.
Caution: Changing the role of a user record will delete an API token associated with the user record if there is one. The user must generate a new API token once the user role changes.
Edit a User Role
To edit the role defined in the user record, follow this procedure:
- Login to CDO.
- From the user menu, click Settings.
- Click User Management.
- Click the edit icon in the user's row.
- Select the user's new role from the Role drop-down menu.
- If the user record shows that there is an API token associated with the user, you will need to confirm that you want to change the user's role and delete the API token as a result.
- Click OK.
- If CDO deleted the API token, contact the user so that they may create a new API Token.
Note: If a CDO user is logged in, and a Super Admin changes their role, the user must log out and log back in again for the change to take affect.