You can subscribe to get email notifications from CDO whenever a device associated with your tenant experiences a specific action. While these notifications are applied to all the devices associated with your tenant, not all device types support all of the available options. Also, be aware that changes made to the CDO notifications listed below are automatically updated in real time and do not require deployment.
An email notification from CDO denotes the type of action and the affected devices. For further information about the current state of your devices and the content of the action, we recommend logging into CDO and examining the Change Log of the affected devices.
Access the Notification Settings page by opening the user menu and clicking Settings:
Send Alerts When
Note: You must have a Super Admin user role to change these settings or manually subscribe to notifications. See User Roles for more information.
Be sure to check all of the device workflow scenarios you want to be notified about. Manually check the Device Workflow and Device Events that you want to be notified on.
CDO sends notifications every time a device fails, starts, or successfully completes any of the following checked tasks:
- Upgrades -This action is only applicable for ASA and FTD devices.
- Backups - This action is only applicable for FTD devices.
- Deployments - This action does not include integration instances for SSH or IOS devices.
CDO sends notifications when a device experiences any of the following checked actions:
- Went offline - This action applies to all devices associated with your tenant.
- Back online - This action applies to all the devices associated with your tenant.
- Conflict detected - This action applies to all the devices associated with your tenant.
- HA state changed - This action indicates the device within an HA or failover pair, the current state, and the state it changed from. This action applies to all HA and failover configurations associated with your tenant.
- Site-to-Site session disconnected - This action applies to all site-to-site VPN configurations configured in your tenant.
Enable the Subscribe to receive alerts toggle to add the email associated with your tenant login to the notification list. To remove your email from the mailer list, deselect the toggle so it is grayed out.
Note that certain user roles have limited access to the subscription action of this settings page; users with a Super Admin user role can add or remove email entries. To add someone other than yourself, or an alternate email contact, to the list of subscribed users, click and manually enter the email.
Warning: Be sure to enter the correct email if you are manually adding a user. CDO does not check email addresses against known users associated with your tenant.
View CDO Notifications
Click the notifications icon to view the most recent alerts that have occurred on your tenant. Notifications in the CDO UI are removed from the notifications list after 30 days.
Note: The selections you make in the Send Alerts When section impact the types of notifications displayed in the CDO UI.
Enable Incoming Webhooks on your messaging app and receive CDO notifications directly to your app dashboard. You must manually allow incoming webhooks on the app of your choice and retrieve the Webhook URL in order to enable this option in CDO. See Enable Service Inegrations for CDO Notifications for more information.