Cisco Defense Orchestrator (CDO) allows you to manage Cisco IOS devices. These are the features we support for those devices:
- Onboard Cisco IOS devices. You can use the username and password of a highly privileged user stored on the IOS device to onboard the device.
- Viewing the device configuration. You can view the device configuration file.
- Read configuration changes. When you check for changes in the configuration file from the Cisco IOS device, it will be saved in CDO's database.
- Out-of-band change detection. When you enable Conflict Detection, CDO checks the device every 10 minutes for changes to the device's configuration. If there is a change, the device's status will change to Conflict Detected and you will be able to resolve the conflict.
- Command line interface support. You can issue all IOS commands to the device through CDO's command line interface.
- Individual CLI commands and groups of commands can be turned into editable and reusable "macros." You can use the system-defined macros provided by CDO and create your own macros for tasks you perform often.
- Detect and manage SSH fingerprint changes. If any credentials or properties of the device change, and that causes a change to the SSH fingerprint, CDO detects that change and gives you a chance to review and accept the new fingerprint.
- Change Log. The change log captures all the commands you issue to the IOS device.