Warning: This procedure deletes your Secure Device Connector (SDC). It is not reversible.
To remove the SDC from your tenant, follow this procedure:
- Remove any devices connected to the SDC you want to delete. You can do this one of two ways:
- Move ASA, AWS VPC, and Meraki devices to a different SDC.
- Remove from CDO any devices connected to the SDC you want to delete.
Warning: You will no longer be able to manage the devices you remove. You will need to onboard them again to manage them with CDO.
- See Find all Devices that Connect to CDO Using the Same SDC to identify all the devices used by the SDC.
- In the Devices & Services page, select all the devices you identified.
- In the Device Actions pane, click Remove and click OK to confirm your action.
- From the user menu, select Secure Connectors.
- In the Secure Connectors table, select the SDC you want to remove. Its device count should now be zero.
- In the Actions pane, click Remove. You receive this warning:
Warning: You are about to delete <sdc_name>. Deleting the Secure Device Connector (SDC) is not reversible.
Deleting the SDC will require you to create and onboard a new SDC before you can onboard, or re-onboard, your devices.
Because you currently have onboarded devices, removing the SDC will require you to reconnect those devices and provide credentials
again after setting up a new SDC.
- If you have any questions or concerns, click Cancel and contact CDO support.
- If you wish to proceed, enter <sdc_name> in the text box below and click OK.
- In the confirmation dialog box, if you wish to proceed, enter your SDC's name as it is stated in the warning message.
- Click OK to confirm the SDC removal.