Warning: This procedure deletes your Secure Device Connector (SDC). It is not reversible. You will no longer be able to manage the devices you remove. You will need to onboard them again to manage them with CDO.
To remove the SDC from your tenant, follow this procedure:
- Remove any devices connected to the SDC you want to delete. You can do this one of two ways:
- Move ASA, AWS VPC, and Meraki devices.
- Remove from CDO any devices connected to the SDC you want to delete.
- See Find all Devices that Connect to CDO Using the Same SDC to identify all the devices used by the SDC.
- In the Devices & Services page, select all the devices you identified.
- In the Device Actions pane, click Remove and click OK to confirm your action.
- From the user menu, select Secure Connectors.
- In the Secure Connectors table, select the SDC you want to remove. Its device count should now be zero.
- In the Actions pane, click Remove. You receive this warning:
Warning: You are about to delete <sdc_name>. Deleting the Secure Device Connector (SDC) is not reversible.
Deleting the SDC will require you to create and onboard a new SDC before you can onboard, or re-onboard, your devices.
Because you currently have onboarded devices, removing the SDC will require you to reconnect those devices and provide credentials
again after setting up a new SDC.
- If you have any questions or concerns, click Cancel and contact CDO support.
- If you wish to proceed, enter <sdc_name> in the text box below and click OK.
- In the confirmation dialog box, if you wish to proceed, enter your SDC's name as it is stated in the warning message.
- Click OK to confirm the SDC removal.