Your Cisco Defense Orchestrator (CDO) tenant may use either a Secure Device Connector (SDC) installed on your premises (on-premises) or may use an SDC installed "in the cloud." An on-premises SDC is installed by your own organization. A cloud SDC is installed by CDO's support team.
Switching from a cloud SDC to an on-premises SDC
- Open a Support Ticket with TAC to remove the cloud SDC from your tenant.
Warning: Deleting the Secure Device Connector (SDC) is not reversible. Deleting your SDC will sever the connection between CDO and the devices it manages. Deleting the SDC will require you to create and onboard a new SDC before you can onboard, or re-onboard, your devices. You may need to provide the device's credentials again to re-connect them to the SDC.
- Your organization installs an on-premises SDC. You can use one of these methods:
- Deploy an On-Premises Secure Device Connector Using CDO's VM Image
- Deploy an On-Premises Secure Device Connector on your own VM
- Bulk reconnect the devices to your tenant.
Switching from an on-premises SDC to a cloud SDC
- Remove the on-premises SDC from your tenant.
- From the user menu, select Secure Connectors.
- In the secure connectors table, select your SDC. The label in the Type column will read, Secure Device Connector.
- In the Actions pane, click Remove.
- You receive this warning:
Warning: You are about to delete <sdc_name>. Deleting the Secure Device Connector (SDC) is not reversible.
Deleting the SDC will require you to create and onboard a new SDC before you can onboard, or re-onboard, your devices.
Because you currently have onboarded devices, removing the SDC will require you to reconnect those devices and provide credentials
again after setting up a new SDC.
- Think before you click:
- If you have any questions or concerns, click Cancel and contact CDO support.
- If you wish to proceed, enter <sdc_name> in the text box below and click OK.
- On the Secure Connectors page, click Request a Cloud Secure Device Connector.
- Once CDO support has created the cloud SDC for your tenant, bulk reconnect your managed devices to your tenant.