Your Cisco Defense Orchestrator (CDO) tenant may use either a Secure Device Connector (SDC) installed on your premises (on-premises) or may use an SDC installed "in the cloud." An on-premises SDC is installed by your own organization. A cloud SDC is installed by CDO's support team.
Switching from a cloud SDC to an on-premises SDC:
- Remove the cloud SDC from your tenant.
- Your organization installs an on-premises SDC by clicking Deploy an On-Premises Secure Device Connector on the Secure Connectors page.
- You bulk reconnect the devices to your tenant.
Switching from an on-premises SDC to a cloud-based SDC:
- Remove the SDC from your tenant.
- Your organization requests a cloud SDC by clicking Request a Cloud Secure Device Connector on the Secure Connectors page.
- You bulk reconnect your managed devices to your tenant.
- Remove the SDC from your Tenant
- From the account menu, select Secure Connectors.
- In the secure connectors table, select your SDC. The label in the Type column will read, Secure Device Connector.
- In the Actions pane, click Remove.
- You receive this warning:
Warning: You are about to delete <sdc_name>. Deleting the Secure Device Connector (SDC) is not reversible.
Deleting the SDC will require you to create and onboard a new SDC before you can onboard, or re-onboard, your devices.
Because you currently have onboarded devices, removing the SDC will require you to reconnect those devices and provide credentials
again after setting up a new SDC.
- Think before you click:
- If you have any questions or concerns, click Cancel and contact CDO support.
- If you wish to proceed, enter <sdc_name> in the text box below and click OK.
- Deploy a new SDC for your Tenant
Do one of the following:
- Use the Deploy an On-Premise Secure Device Connector Using Defense Orchestrator's VM Image to deploy a new SDC for your tenant.
- Click Request a Cloud Secure Device Connector on the Secure Connectors page.
- Reconnecting your Devices after Removing your SDC
After you onboard the new SDC, you need to re-connect your devices to CDO:
- From the navigation bar, click Devices & Services.
- Select all the onboarded devices.
- In the Actions pane, click Reconnect.